Sunday, February 17, 2013

Padova








It was a sightseeing tour. And we also wanted to get the "southern feeling". Oh, yes, mainly because of the snow up there in Europe, behind the Alps. 2-6th pictures show the Cornaro loggia and odeo, a piece of late Renaissance architecture in Padova. It is very decayed and, I don't know why, this is what makes it look especially precious, probably because it is on the way to complete destruction. It exists only now.
The sky was blue and although I was aware that this is February I had a feeling in the back of my mind that at the end of our tour we are somehow destined to go to the sea.
I tend to compare places we saw with Prague and life in Bohemia. I will be quiet about that, I will keep that bunch of complaints for myself and my husband.

No comments: